Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
At Gallup Hill we baptize those who have made confessions of faith in Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Baptism does not save you. It does not make you a Christian. Baptism shows that you already are one. It is an outward act that symbolizes and inner change that has already occurred. It identifies us with Jesus in his death (our immersion in the water) and his resurrection (our emergence from the water).
Who Should Be Baptized?
- Followers of Jesus (John 4:1-2; Matthew 28:19)
- Believing Christians (Acts 2:41; Acts 8:30-38)
- Those that have received the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:44-48)
Why Should You Be Baptized?
- Jesus commanded it (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Jesus was baptized (Mark 1:9-10)
- Baptism has always been a practice of the church (John 4:1-2, Acts 2:41)